Hemp Foods Australia’s Hemp Seed Oil which is sometimes known as Hemp Oil is high in Omega 3, 6 and 9 also including GLA and as the name suggests it is made from the Hemp Seed. In fact, Omega 3 and 6 are in just the right ratio that we humans need. One tablespoon of Hemp seeds contain over 7,000mg of Essential Fatty Acids.
Hemp Seed really isn’t something new as it has been consumed all over the world for thousands of years. These little seeds are loaded with essential nutrients which don’t require to be cooked or soaked. In fact I understand the Hemp Seed to be the only seed that doesn’t require activating to obtain the best nutritional benefit.
They are very sustainable as no pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers are needed. So no chemicals, isn’t that wonderful!
* Is naturally low in carbohydrates
* Is high in polyunsaturated fatty acids, in fact higher than any other foods
* Is made up with the complete Amino Acid Profile
* Is the only plant to make protein from Edestin. (Edestin is a highly digestible and optimum form of protein. It is a crystalline globulin obtained especially from hemp seed that contains all 10 essential amino acids.)
* Contains 15 times as much fat-fighting Conjugated Linoleic Acid as fish oil.
* Is a great source of cholesterol-fighting Phytosterols.
Hemp seeds contain approximately 47g per 100g of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids. These essential fatty acids in Hemp Seed can:
* Make your skin soft
* Relieve acne, psoriasis and eczema
* Improve energy levels
* Aids the healing of wounds and injuries
* Increase your metabolic rate and assist with weight loss
* Ease PMS
* Strengthens the immune system
* Inhibits tumour growth
* Kills bacteria
* Relieve the symptoms of many diseases, including Parkinson’s and AIDS
* Benefit those suffering from liver and kidney disorders, due to its albumin content
* Benefit those with arthritis and osteoporosis
* Reduce Hypertension (high blood pressure)
* Assist those with Depression due to the high Omega-3 fatty acid content
Sadly, Hemp is a prohibited food in Australia and Health Products Australia would like to share and endorse the following directly from Hemp Food Australia Website:
“In accordance with Clause 1 of the Food Standards Code 1.4.4, Hemp Foods Australia Pty Ltd does not sell and will not supply prohibited food products and in accordance with the Food Standards Code and NSW Food Act 2003. Although hemp foods are allowed for use in North America and Europe, Hemp foods are not allowed for sales as a food in Australia and New Zealand (except for hemp oil in NZ). In no way do we intend to mis-lead our customers about the use of products being sold by us. Our hemp seeds, hemp protein powder and hemp oil are ONLY to be purchased if you understand they may be used for external use only or exported to a country where consumption is legal. By purchasing products from us you agree to these terms.”
We can still rub the Hemp products Hemp Seed Oil, Hemp Seeds and Hemp Protein on our skin.
Wishing you Health Wealth & Happiness
Book – ‘A Modern Introduction to Hemp’ by Paul Benhaim