Experience the relaxing / uplifting effects of dōTERRA Essential Oils in the bath. Choose an oil to suit your mood or relax the kids whilst they enjoy the bath bomb fizzing away in their bath water. The bath bomb will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and you in a much happier space.
1 cup Citric Acid
1 cup Bi-carb
½ cup Cornflour
8–10 drops favourite dōTERRA Essential Oil
Note: Citric acid can be found at most major grocery stores but is much cheaper bought in bulk from the likes of eBay.
Tip: You could also use gourmet coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil in the place of dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil. (I found using regular virgin coconut oil had too strong of a coconut smell.)
- In bowl, place citric acid, bi-carb, cornflour, and oil.
- Add 8 to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand.
Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in moulds. Let set 24 hours before using.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Note: Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. For relaxation, try Lavender or dōTERRA Lavender Peace®. For a mood boost, try Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss®, or Peppermint.
Bath bombs are excellent gifts for both adults and children. When making for kids, try adding some colour to the mixture. Not only will they love that the water changes colours, but will also love the fizz from the bath bomb.